[rrd-users] "reset" a DS within an RRD

Jack Tavares j.tavares at F5.com
Wed Nov 26 09:30:01 CET 2008

I am looking for a more granular way to "reset" all the data in an rrd.
I track lots of data and I have about a 5 or 6 rrd files, each with
10 or so data sources.

To reset or blow away stored data for a given data source, I delete
the rrd file it is in and recreate it.
This throws away all data saved for everything in the rrd file.

This is, of course, sub-optimal.

What I want is the ability to throw away all data for a given data source.

Is there a way to reach in and set all the rows for a data source to UNKNOWN?

The only way I can think to achieve this level of granularity is to
put each DS in its own rrd file, which seems inefficient.

Any suggestions?

thanks

--
Jack Tavares
Reminder: I am at GMT+2, 10 hours AHEAD of Seattle.