[rrd-users] problem with lost of data, file size always the same!

fredrik at n-mental.com fredrik at n-mental.com
Fri Oct 3 13:20:47 CEST 2008

Please read the documentation..
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/tut/rrd-beginners.en.html

"In case of linear databases, new data gets appended at the bottom of the
database table. Thus its size keeps on increasing, whereas the size of an
RRDtool database is determined at creation time. Imagine an RRDtool
database as the perimeter of a circle. Data is added along the perimeter.
When new data reaches the starting point, it overwrites existing data. This
way, the size of an RRDtool database always remains constant. The name
"Round Robin" stems from this behavior."