[rrd-users] problem with lost of data, file size always the same!

Francesco Andreozzi francesco.andreozzi at gamestorm.it
Fri Oct 3 16:11:24 CEST 2008

Hi all... i finish to read all the tutorial...
an maybe i found the solution... or at least i hope to understand how
rrd works!

please tellme if it's correcte....

i take min and max, 24 values every day for 10 years
i get avarage as real value, one every 300sec steps..for 10 years

rrdtool create e_m153_o69.rrd --step 300 --start 1223021717 \
           DS:e_m153_o69:GAUGE:600:0:U \
           RRA:MIN:0.5:12:87600 \
           RRA:MAX:0.5:12:87600 \
           RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:1051200

i think this is ok... just 10Mb of file! ... it is ok!
... please tell me if it is wrong :D

just one question... now i would like to alter my previous created rrd
to have this structure ... i can use dump and restore, this will works
? or ther is another way to do that?

Thankyou for all yours help.

ciao
Francesco