[rrd-users] update mising value

Andy Riebs andy.riebs at hp.com
Fri Oct 24 16:15:56 CEST 2008

Hi Francesco,

rrdtool doesn't have an update function such as this; it presumes that
data will be stored in serial order, as it becomes available.

If the missing data are cumulative, you can just enter the latest data
when it does become available, and let rrdtool extrapolate the
intermediate values.

If you *really* need to insert old missing data, you will probably have to
dump the database, insert the corrected data, and re-load it.

hth!
Andy