[rrd-users] update mising value

Francesco Andreozzi francesco.andreozzi at gamestorm.it
Fri Oct 24 15:15:51 CEST 2008

Hi all...
i have a simple question.... (i hope it simple!)

im using rrdtool to collect data from one device... this device is a
remote device ...
evrything works great except some network problem ,,, when this
problem happen i cant collect data, so i have NaN in my rrd db ...

this is ok ,  to try to solve this problem, i  did a local collection
on a txt file on the remote device , in this way i can retrive the
missing data ....

my question is, how i can put this old data into my rrdtool db ? if i
did a rrdtool update with the missing timestamp and the missing values
seems to be not working, i recive an error from the rrtool utility
about wrong timestamp...

some one in this list did something like that ? any suggestions ?
thanks for your help.

ciao
Francesco