[rrd-users] rrdtool 1.3.2 segmentation fault on rrdgraph

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:04:05 CEST 2008

René GARCIA <rene at margar.fr> writes:

> Raimund, you are right.

Just printed that sentence out, framed it and hung it over my bed. It's
that rare to me, unfortunately ... ;)

> This problem deals with -n option to change the
> font. On each graph I create I have the following options to rrdgraph :
>         -n "DEFAULT:8:Arial,Helvetica"
>         -n "TITLE:11:Arial,Helvetica Bold"
>         -n "LEGEND:7:Lucida Console,LucidaTypewriter,Courier"
> When I remove these options I have no more segmentation fault on 1.3.2.

Can confirm this I guess. I also used a custom font definition before:

Omitting that prevents the segfault. I thought the definition should be
OK in pango terms and return something. So there's still the question
why a null pointer pops up for the font ...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Regards, R.

More information about the rrd-users mailing list