[rrd-users] problem compiling rrdtool-1.3.3

Margit myr at htw-saarland.de
Wed Sep 24 13:39:21 CEST 2008

Hello,
I try to compile rrdtool-1.3.3 on a Solaris 10 Sparc with gcc-4.3.0 and face
the following error:
"Your compiler does not do propper IEEE math..."
Neihter the posts in this list nor googling helped me solve the problem.
The last lines of configure output are:

IEEE Math Checks
checking for fpclassify... no
checking for fpclassify with <math.h>... no
checking for isinf... no
checking for isinf with <math.h>... no
checking whether isfinite is broken... no
checking if IEEE math works out of the box... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to....

Can anyone help me?

Regards
Margit Meyer