[rrd-users] Fwd: Re: Aggregated Graph gives blank space when one of the interfaces does not give response

Martin Sperl rrdtool at martin.sperl.org
Tue Apr 14 10:46:16 CEST 2009

Hi Firdous,

I have no idea how this works with the MRTG config.
As for rrdtool itself: you would have 3 DEFS (a,b,c) and a CDEF like
this to aggregate:
CDEF:calc=a,b,c,+,+
you will need to replace this by:
CDEF:calc=a,b,c,ADDNAN,ADDNAN

And then you will get the values even if you have a NAN for one of these
data-sources.
(See also: http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph_rpn.en.html for a
description of the RPN functions)

Again: I have no idea, how to apply this to mrtg configs - someone else
has to answer there... (possibly requires patching the mrtg graphing
script (14all.cgi?) to use ADDNAN instead of the "+" operator.)

Ciao,
          Martin