[rrd-users] Is rrdtool right for me?

Andy Riebs andy.riebs at hp.com
Wed Apr 22 01:03:02 CEST 2009

Tom,

Your implicit assumption is correct: RRDtool is a great tool, but not
for this sort of task. Indeed, the data extrapolation is a big part of
what makes rrdtool so useful for tracking data such as network
throughput, web site hits, and so on.

Perhaps others on the list can suggest a good plotting tool that will
generate rrdtool-like graphics? Depending on the tool you select, the
database question might also be answered.

Andy