[rrd-users] RRD-Tool Gauges

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 22 22:45:27 CEST 2009

> I'm new to RRD-Tool, I've seen many examples on how to draw a chart
> with RRD-Tool,  but can it draw gauges for the last value? like the
> one on the bottom of this page http://www.linuxhowtos.org/C_C++/
> gauge.c.htm

The RRDtool library does not support gauges; you'll need to write your own code to do this.

I have made available a CGI script that uses the swfgauge utility to generate constantly updated gauges fomr the RRD files generated by MRTG, this might be of use to you - you could potentially use it as a base to generate a more generic utility?

This is the gauge demo
https://monitor.auckland.ac.nz/swfdemo.html
although apparently it has some problems executing on some browsers due to security settings.

Steve