[rrd-users] compiling rrdtool 1.4.2 on hp-ux

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Dec 1 11:52:46 CET 2009

Hi Stoyan,

Today Stoyan Angelov wrote:

> On 12/01/09 07:20, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> > Hi Stoyan,
> <snip>
> >
> > have you tried to compile using gcc ?
>
> hello Tobias,
>
> no, i have not tried to use gcc... i will do so. i used hp's compiler for
> previous versions 1.3.4 and 1.3.8 and wanted to use it for 1.4.2 too.

hmmm there should be no all that substantial changes in rrdtool at
that level, so it 1.3.8 works  you should be able to get 1.4.2 to
work too ... I don't know much about hp compilers though, so the
error message does not ring a bell ... I bet it is trivial to fix
for someone in the know ...

cheers
tobi