[rrd-users] compiling rrdtool 1.4.2 on hp-ux

Stoyan Angelov s_angelov at filibeto.org
Tue Dec 1 14:55:36 CET 2009

On 12/01/09 12:52, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
>> no, i have not tried to use gcc... i will do so. i used hp's compiler for
>> previous versions 1.3.4 and 1.3.8 and wanted to use it for 1.4.2 too.
>
> hmmm there should be no all that substantial changes in rrdtool at
> that level, so it 1.3.8 works  you should be able to get 1.4.2 to
> work too ... I don't know much about hp compilers though, so the
> error message does not ring a bell ... I bet it is trivial to fix
> for someone in the know ...

hi Tobias,

i was able to compile rrdtool 1.4.2 with hp's compiler. i had to modify
rrd_getopt.c and rrd_getopt1.c by removing the changes introduced by
revision 1677 (win32 portability patch...).
i will create a hp-ux depot and will publish it on my site.

can you please make a small change on the download page - binary
distributions section (http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/download.en.html),
the hp-ux download link is correct
(http://www.filibeto.org/~aduritz/truetrue/rrdtool/) however the text on
the page itself says