[rrd-users] How to Create the rrd that storeor update million of requests per second

Kashif Qazi kaqazi at etilizepak.com
Fri Feb 13 07:25:07 CET 2009

Hi All,

I have to store each request data to rrd database. the request granularity
can be more or less than one million hits per second.
can rrd support granularity in milli/micro seconds.
how to create the rrd that can take one million samples per second is this
possible.

i have to make graphs for the following

1) How much time the request takes on average for each: minute, hour, work
day (6am-8pm), day (24 hour), week, month

2) Scatter graph of all requests so I can plot the time of every request
over a period of time (day, week, month, year) and see where the majority of
requests perform and what the outliers are (really slow, really fast).

3) How many requests per second, minute, hour, word day, day, week, month

4) Number of requests in each “performance group”. For example, how many
requests are 0-100ms, 101-200ms, 201-300ms, 301-400ms, 401-500ms, etc ...

5) When am I having requests > 1000ms? < 5000ms?  What is associated with
these? Certain times of day? Certain traffic volumes?

Can any help me to make it clear that. is this possible use RRDTool for the
given scenario

Thanks,
Regards,
Kashif Ahmed Qazi