[rrd-users] Newbie question: Always missing the last datapoint in rrdtool graphs

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Feb 25 23:05:41 CET 2009

Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot, your suggestions seem to make a lot of sense, although
I could never have guessed this based on the rrdtool documentation !
I'll redefine my RRD databases tomorrow and see if things improve.

One point makes me really worried, though, namely your explanation
of the timezone problem.  I do live in the UTC+1 timezone (and UTC+2
during the summer), so you're telling me that I'll *never* be able to
map my daily 24-hour data into a single timestep in an RRD database ??!!

Surely, there must exist an elegant solution where daily (24h) data can
be mapped one-to-one into an RRD database, no matter which timezone
you live in ?  Can one define an RRA with a 1 hour step and use that
in some way ?  There must be lots of people who have needed to solve
this problem previously !  Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks again,
Ole