[rrd-users] Newbie question: Always missing the last datapoint in rrdtool graphs

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Feb 26 13:26:19 CET 2009

Hi Len,

I'm pleased to hear that it's possible to map daily 24-hour data into a
single timestep in an RRD database.  Being an rrdtool newbie I'm unsure
how to get the timestampts *exactly* right for 24-hour data, so I wonder
if you or someone else could show me example commands like:
    rrdtool create $RRDDB --start $STARTTIME --step $STEPTIME ...
    rrdtool update $RRDDB timestamp...
    rrdtool graph $RRDDB --end $last --start $starttime ...

For the "update", which timestamp value must be chosen: 00:00:00 or
24:00:00 = 00:00:00 next day ?

For the "graph", what are magic start and end values that will produce
a nice daily graph ?

Thanks a lot,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark