[rrd-users] rrdtool update multiple files error

pamela.patterson at bell.ca pamela.patterson at bell.ca
Wed Jan 7 17:11:41 CET 2009

Hi all!

I am getting errors trying to update more than one .rrd file with
different data with the same timestamp.  The data comes from Nagios
logging many checks of different servers to syslog.  I understand that
you can only update once per second in the same .rrd file, but it looks
like you should be able to update two or more files with different data
in the same second, like updating the machinename_uptime.rrd file with
uptime data and the machinename_memory.rrd file with memory data, both
with the same timestamp.  However I get an error on the second rrdtool
update unless the timestamp has changed, even though the files are
different.

I am running CentOS release 4.7, with RRDtool 1.0.50, which looks like a
very old release.  Can anyone tell me if this is a version issue?  If
so, I will work on getting a more recent version into the standard
build.

Thanx for any info anyone can give me,

--
Pam