[rrd-users] find out the current scale (output from autoscaler)

Karl Fischer rrd-users at ficos.de
Thu Jan 8 09:45:17 CET 2009

Happy New Year to everyone.

Is there a way to find out what the current (y) scale is?

I'm trying to display some values only if they fit the current scale but
I don't want these values to extend the current scale.
For example when watching disk usage I'd like to show a line for disk
capacity when (and only when) disk usage gets near the disk capacity.
But I don't want the scale to be extended to - lets say 100G - when only
1.83 GB is used ...

So what I've tried so far is:

CDEF:my_scale=df_used,MAX,1.2,*
CDEF:my_total=df_total,0,my_scale,LIMIT

So I'm 'guessing' the current scale is about 20% higher than the highest value.
But it would be much nicer to get the values from the autoscaler ...
Any way?

Thanks

- Karl