[rrd-users] not a simple integer

Reinhard Scheck Reinhard.Scheck at team-scheck.de
Wed Jul 8 22:22:37 CEST 2009

Am 08.07.2009 21:36, Daniel Kolvik wrote:
> Ok, so there's other optional datasources?
>
> Cant find any parameter to change it via rddupdate.

COUNTERS are defined to be INTEGER by definition (don't know the RFC by heart).
A non-integer COUNTER is a violation of standards (well, once I ran into that
mayhem on my own).

GAUGEs in turn allow for non-integers. You may change the data source type to
GAUGE by using "rrdtool tune". But be aware, that those types differ not only by
data type. So even if you are able to "rrdtool tune" the data source, old data
_may_ be invalid.

Reinhard