[rrd-users] Fonts in Graph Title

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Jul 13 16:10:42 CEST 2009

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Friday 10 July 2009 at 6:59 am, strick penned
about "Re: [rrd-users] Fonts in Graph Title"

> Thank you, that fixed one of the errors.
> I figured out how to change fonts but the non-us characters is still just
> squares.
>
> I'm still lost in the "Invalid UTF-8 string" error.
> Is this a problem between cacti,rrdtool and pango or is this bad charset
> configuration on the host?

Hi Stein,

I think the issue may be with the LANG variable setting.  You'll want
to ensure you're using a UTF8 setting.  Find the setting which matches
your language:

   locale -a | fgrep -i utf8

For me, it'd be `en_US.utf8'  Please let me know if that works because
another user of my graphs has a similar issue and I'm trying to
remotely resolve it.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)