[rrd-users] right axis with different start/stop

Tue Jun 9 06:32:59 CEST 2009

Hi.

In the manual, I found the --right-axis option and am curious in how
to use it.

I would like to draw idle CPU usage (with values 0..100) on one y-axis
(the left one) and some "application performance" values which has
values 1000..10000.

How would I need to set the scales?

If I'd only have one y-axis, I'd use --upper-limit 10000 and --lower-limit
1000.
But doing that, the CPU values wouldn't be shown; or I'd set the limits
to 0 and 100 - but then, the app perf. values would be out of range... :(

What would be the best way to go about this, using the current RRDtool
version on Solaris 10?

Thanks a lot,
Alexander
--