[rrd-users] How to graph several datas on the same graph, the high value always on bottom ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 11:02:12 CET 2009

ITCsoft54 wrote:

>You can see on this graph, 2 collections of data : negative value is the
>same like positive value, I just change the sign to get you an exemple.
>
>http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2448092/graph_gen.png
>
>I want to make this graph with this rules : the blue data have to be on the
>top when blue data is lower than red data (it's the same rules when red data
>is lower than blue data, red data have to be on the top ^^).

How about :
Draw Red area
Draw Blue area
Define CDEF which is the value of Red if Red<Blue, unknown (or zero
?) otherwise
Draw this CDEF in red.

If Red=>Blue, then the two will stack and you'll see the blue on top.
The third CDEF will do nothing.
If Red<Blue, Blue will hide the Red but the third CDEF will draw the
Red on top again.

Or alternatively, you might experiment with transparency - so the
colours will show though and mix with each other.

--
Simon Hobson