[rrd-users] trend woes

Robert Hagens rhagens at envysion.com
Wed May 20 17:35:12 CEST 2009

I have an rrd file with a few weeks of data in it. Using fetch, I can
see I have data points every 5 minutes from before 5/10/09 to current
(5/20/09).

My RRD file def is

"DS:raw:GAUGE:3600:0:1",

            "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:17280",

            "RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:360",

When I try to use trend like

graph x --start 1241969266 --end 1242829666
'DEF:rawdata=/usr/local/tools/rrd/envysion.ea.rrd:raw:AVERAGE' \

'CDEF:trend=rawdata,854400,TREND'  \

'VDEF:last=trend,LAST' 'PRINT:last:%2.4lf'

I get nan

It seems I should be able to set the timespan parameter for TREND to 10
days (10*24*60*60). However, I get nan.

If I reduce the timespan to a somewhat random, smaller number (say
850400), then I get a number.

Any thoughts as to why I am getting nan? There are no nan datapoints in
this time range, I've checked with fetch.

Using TRENDNAN yields the same result.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Hagens | Chief Technical Officer| Envysion, Inc.

950 Spruce Street | Louisville, CO 80027

303.590.2365 office | 303.590.2351 fax

rhagens at envysion.com <mailto:rhagens at envysion.com>  | www.envysion.com
<http://www.envysion.com/>  | Visit our blog
<http://managedvideoblog.com/>