[rrd-users] Upgraded to 1.3 - rrd files "too small"

cchaffee chris at unx.com
Wed May 20 18:11:47 CEST 2009

I recently attempted to upgrade an old Cacti system which was using rrdtool
1.2 to the latest release of 1.3.  I downloaded the sources and built win32
using vs2008 and it seems to run ok, except it complains that all of my old
rrd files are too small.  This is what I get if I try to graph the output
from one of the RRDs:

   ERROR: 'xxx.rrd' is too small (should be 16915392 bytes)

The actual file_len is 16915384 (8 bytes smaller).  I googled and searched
the lists a bit but didn't see anyone else having this problem.  Could this
be an artifact of my build environment, or is there some migration process I
might have missed from v1.2 to 1.3?