[rrd-users] Trying to build rrdtool 1.4.1 on RedHat EL4

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at openlane.com
Mon Nov 2 22:54:57 CET 2009

I am looking at building RRDtool 1.4.1 for our EL4 environment. Looking the spec file which was included in the source tar of 1.4.1, it has certain requirements:

Pango >= 1.14
Intltool >= 0.35.0

Both these are not provided by RedHat in a recent enough version, nor are they available in for example rpmforge. Can anyone point me to the exact reasons for requiring the above versions? Would it be possible to change the .spec to the lower version, which could cause consequences.

Ulf.