[rrd-users] Trying to build rrdtool 1.4.1 on RedHat EL4

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Nov 3 03:44:31 CET 2009

Hi Ulf,

the spec file has not been updated recently ...

you should not need intltool at all and for pango a lower version
might do as well ... the problem with pango is that the library is
under heavy development and apart form new featueres there are also
important bugfixes going in ... if I remember corectly there were
several memory management issues which were resolved over time (not
sure which version). In essence the newer the better, but you
should be able use older versions to, I am not using any
particularly fancy features of pango ...

cheers
tobi