[rrd-users] Compute energy consumption on a given period

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Wed Nov 11 05:40:56 CET 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 02:58:07AM -0700, fma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using rrdtool to display electrical consumption. The 'teleinfo' measure
> gives instant currents for all 3 phases, instant power, and total energy.

> The energy increases at each measure (I update the rrd database every 300s).
> I would like to display the energy consumption on a given period. For
> exemple, in the week graph, which shows values of the last 8 days, I would
> like to compute, for each point, what energy I used during the last 24
> hours.

I wrote a script to parse my data per hour, price per hour and compute the
time of use price and total daily price (which can sometimes yield a
negative price with a positive consumption if my solar panels do a good job
during sunny hours).

http://marc.merlins.org/perso/solar/2009-11.html#Brand-One-Powermeter_-Solar-and-Power-Monitoring-with-Cacti-and-Real-Time-PG_E-Time-of-Use-price-calculation

Does that help?

To see what energy I used/made during a timerange, I just zoom on it, look
at the average number and multiple by the time interval I'm looking at.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/