[rrd-users] rpn limit

Justin Davis jedavis83 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 03:57:24 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to consolidate a bunch of data sets into an "Other" category
using the rpn calculator on the command line, and then graph the results.
However, when I add more then 5 datasets, the graph seems to drop my CDEF
altogether.  For instance:

...  // define a through f
CDEF:other=a,b,c,d,e,f,+,+,+,+,+

The graph gets created correctly, but the 'other' part doesn't get graphed
at all.  However, if I limit the data sets to only 5, I get the graph
correctly produced.

Is this a limit within the rpn language?  I read through some of the code,
but it looks like the stack size shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
Justin