[rrd-users] Can I fill a hole in an rrd?

William Owen William.Owen at profilesmail.com
Wed Oct 28 03:48:08 CET 2009

I see two realistic options here. The best thing I can think of would be to dump to XML, manually insert the values you want to update into the XML and then import the XML into a new RRD. That, however would be tedious for a large dataset and you may run into issues normalizing your own data in the different CFs and RRAs. The other option would be to stream ALL values out of the one missing values, insert your data into the stream and then rrdupdate a new one sequentially with those values. You'd need to be careful here as fetch will pick the most "appropriate" RRA and feed data from that based on your fetch times.