[rrd-users] GAUGE stored values

Marc MERLIN marc_rrd at merlins.org
Thu Aug 19 17:19:37 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 07:53:09AM +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> The problem is that without **significantly** changing the data
> model, it is not possible to store arbitrary data at arbitrary times
> without normalisation. The data model simply does not deal with
> timestamped data, all data is normalised into regularly sized 'bins'.

As per the other thread, I and likely others, do not need timestamped data.
If someone actually does, then indeed RRD isn't the right format.

There is a need for data samples to just be put in the closest appropriate
bucket without being modified.

Just that simple :)

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/