[rrd-users] Once a day updates incorrect by timezone

Brett Wilson brett.d.wilson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 06:38:30 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Im monitoring my solar power installation and logging it into rrdtool then
graphing the output.
*http://powermonitoring.zzl.org/*

Its all working well apart from the daily updates which run at midnight each
night (local time) and pull the KwH produced today and the Time online today
from the inverter. The bottom graph from the webpage is the one im talking
about.

My rrd database is setup as follows:-
--start N
-s 86400
DS:KWH_Today:GAUGE:86500:U:U
DS:INV_Online:GAUGE:86500:U:U
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:365

Then im updating as follows at 23:59 local time (GMT +10):-
rrdtool update Xantrex_Daily_Totals.rrd N:somenumber:somenumber

>From what I have found In the forums I need to replace the N with something
else for the timestamp to ensure that its put in for the correct day however
am unsure what to put in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Brett