[rrd-users] rrdtool crash?

Adam Jacob Muller rrdtool-users at adam.gs
Mon Aug 23 21:55:00 CEST 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 1:37 AM, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> Hi Adam,
> Saturday Adam Jacob Muller wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm using the newish rrdtool_libdbi stuff to graph some data out of a postgres database and experiencing an odd crash.
>> # sh graphtest
>> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/rrdtool: double free or corruption (out): 0x00000000020499f0 ***
>> The actual RRD command i'm running is quite long/complex, but I was able to trigger the crash even with something very simple,
>> /usr/bin/rrdtool graphv - --width 800 --height 450 --no-minor -M -E --start 1282338588 --end 1282424047 \
>>        DEF:throughput=sql//pgsql/host=localhost/dbname=dbname/username=username/password=password//table/*timestamp with timezone column/bigint column/keycolumn=simpleint:avg:AVERAGE \
>>        LINE2:throughput#73C2FB:'throughput'
>> Interestingly, this issue only occurs on specific values of start/end, if I adjust the above to graph like so:
>> /usr/bin/rrdtool graphv - --width 800 --height 450 --no-minor -M -E --start 1250888943 --end 1282424943 ... etc
>> It works fine
>> the first example is a 1-day period (--end now --start now-24 hours)
>> the second example is a 1-year period (--end now --start now-365 days)
>> I've put the full output from rrdtool here: http://adam.gs/rrdtool-crash.txt
> I just put in a patch to libdbi yesterday, maybe this fixes your
> problem too ... see
> http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/beta/rrdtool-1.4-svn-snap.tar.gz
> cheers
> tobi

The latest SVN snap seems to have a typo:

rrd_fetch_libdbi.c: In function 'rrd_fetch_fn_libdbi':
rrd_fetch_libdbi.c:404: error: 'struct sql_table_helper' has no member named 'filtename'

Once I fixed that, all seems to work well!
Fixing bugs before I even get around to reporting them, thats some service :)

Thanks a lot!


More information about the rrd-users mailing list