[rrd-users] Graphing potentially missing files

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 21:52:34 CET 2010

Steve Shipway wrote:
>  >That's handy since rrdcgi doesn't seem to have been updated to
>>support rrdcached.
>
>You can use the environment variable method to make it work.  Set
>the environment variable RRDCACHED_ADDRESS to be the location of
>your socket (either unix:/path/to/socket or hostname:port) and the
>rrd libraries should use rrdcached automatically.  If you're using
>Apache then you can use the setenv in the httpd.conf to make sure
>the env var is set before executing the CGI -- I used this method
>successfully with Routers2 before adding explicit support into the
>code.

Thanks, I'll give it a try next week. For now I've just stuck some
calls to rrdtool flushcached.

I don't know who maintains the site (I'd guess it'll be Tobias), but
I've spotted an error on
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdflushcached.en.html

Near the bottom it gives the example :

   rrdtool flush --daemon unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock /var/lib/rrd/foo.rrd

That should be "flushcached" rather than "flush".

After this afternoon I'm getting back into RPN notation ;-) Something
that's sadly rather too infrequently available in other environments.
--
Simon Hobson