[rrd-users] Showing daily average ; from midnight to midnight local time

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Feb 8 06:39:15 CET 2010

Hi Jean,

Today Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> I created a ticket to simplify the problem and not have to change the
> TZ environment variable.
>
> Adding a --utc option to rrdtool graph
>
> http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool-trac/ticket/252
>
> I have migrated my set to use the rrdtool PHP module ; and changing
> the timezone had nasty effect on apache, ... would mess up the log
> files and other php applications I have running on the same machine

all you have todo, if you don't want this change to be global, is
to change TZ before calling rrdtol, and then change it back to the
original value and call tzset() again ...

in php the calling of tzset seems to happen automagically when you
call putenv with a TZ variable.

the same would have to be be added to rrd_graph for this ... or are
you looking for something else ?

cheers
tobi