[rrd-users] Built .NET 2005 VC++ RRD program not working - crashes

CodeSlinger dave at 49thLatitude.com
Thu Feb 11 00:55:12 CET 2010

Mark Easton wrote:

> You can download my VS.NET 2005 solution
> (..\rrdtool-1.2.19\win32\rrdtool.sln) which builds and saves the exe to
> ..\rrdtool-1.2.19\win32\tooldebug. Download from :
>
> www.agile4.co.nz/downloads/rrdtool-1.2.19.rar, and
> www.agile4.co.nz/downloads/GnuWin32.rar (... to get the gnuwin32.rar files
> included in the build. This is installed on my machine in C:\Program
> Files\GnuWin32.)

I tried downloading this but the server is no longer available. I did send a
message directly to Mark.

Does anyone else have a C/C++ or ideally a C# or VB.NET wrapper for calling
librrd directly so as to avoid invoking a new process for loading each data
point? It would be much more efficient to call the librrd library in process
rather RRDTool process.

Also, If building a "native" version of RRDTool for Windows, is the CRT
library sufficient or must the GNU libraries be used?

Any examples of loading float/double values directly into RRD?

Thanks, Dave