[rrd-users] RRDTool and rrdlib on Windows

Dod dodfr at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 10:07:40 CET 2010

Hello,

I  call  rrdtool  executable but I do group many datas as command line
parameters so I import multiple points within one rrdtool call, I also
call rrdtool from a Windows version of tcsh that support a much longer
command  line  parameter length so I can double the number of points I
can import within one rrdtool call.

I  also  made  some  kind  of "differential import" that also optimize
importation  of datas : all datas are originaly stored into a CSV that
is  increasing  each  minute,  CSV has a date/time column. Each time I
"import"  this CSV into RRD I read last RRD data timestamp entry, then
I  look  for  last  entry line into CSV, then I start importation from
this  last  date  and  that's it. All done from a simple PHP script on
Windows  (and  this  php  script  is started from tcsh windows version
shell).

regards.