[rrd-users] Centering two elements

Thomas Matthews thomas.matthews at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 21:47:41 CET 2010

I am still experiencing this issue, so I thought I would pass along a
link to a live example:

http://portal.lagged.ca/

Here is the script used to generate the top left graph:

rrdtool graph eth0.png \
--title "External Network Traffic - Daily" \
--start -1day \
--imgformat PNG \
--x-grid HOUR:1:HOUR:4:HOUR:4:0:%H\:%M \
--vertical-label "Bytes / Second" \
--grid-dash 1:0 \
--width 425 \
DEF:in=/share/scripts/rrdtool/db/eth${i}.rrd:in:AVERAGE \
DEF:out=/share/scripts/rrdtool/db/eth${i}.rrd:out:AVERAGE \
VDEF:inmax=in,MAXIMUM \
VDEF:inavg=in,AVERAGE \
VDEF:infirst=in,FIRST \
VDEF:inlast=in,LAST \
VDEF:outmax=out,MAXIMUM \
VDEF:outavg=out,AVERAGE \
VDEF:outfirst=out,FIRST \
VDEF:outlast=out,LAST \
GPRINT:infirst:'%D %H\:%M to\g':strftime \
GPRINT:inlast:" %D %H\:%M\c":strftime \
COMMENT:"\s" \
AREA:in#32CD32:"Inbound\t" \
LINE:in#336600 \
GPRINT:inmax:"Max\: %5.1lf%S\t" \
GPRINT:inavg:"Average\: %5.1lf%S\t" \
GPRINT:inlast:"Current\: %5.1lf%S\l" \
AREA:out#4169E199:"Outbound\t" \
GPRINT:outmax:"Max\: %5.1lf%S\t" \
GPRINT:outavg:"Average\: %5.1lf%S\t" \
GPRINT:outlast:"Current\: %5.1lf%S\l" \
LINE:out#0033CC

I tried removing the vertical-label statement and also leaving the
width at the default, but the two GPRINT stfrtime elements remain off
center, slightly to the left.

Not sure if there is something I'm doing wrong here.

Thomas Matthews