[rrd-users] RRDTools Server and Installing RRDTools in a shared hosting environment

AllSort ofQuestions allsortofquestions at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 05:04:03 CET 2010

Hi all

I have two questions somehow related to each other. I asking these questions because apparently I can't run rrdtools in a shared hosted envirionmnet. (Linux-REd Hat @Godaddy www.godaddy.com)
From what I could see they have perl available for their clients but only a limited set of modules, probably the most popular ones, are installed and you can not install your own.

My questions are:

-is there any way to run rrdtools in binary mode like I can do under windows ? Apparently the linux version indicated by uname -a is

el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Nov 3 16:55:59 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

-if the answer is NO are there any alternatives to this? I have a perl script that is using the RRDs module to do it's work and I would like to run this at Godaddy but as I mentioned before I can not install the module there.
Can RRD Server be used for this? I don't think so but I am asking to make sure IO am not missing anything because I am a beginner with both perl and rrdtools.

Thank you
PF