[rrd-users] Legend in rrdtool-1.4.2

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Wed Jan 20 23:28:12 CET 2010

Today Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
>
> > Hi Stefan,
> >
> > I have put in a new --dynamic-labels option for rrd_graph.
> > Restoring the classic behaviour by default. This should be in 1.4.3
>
> I'm just moving to 1.4.2 from 1.0.45 and was expecting the
> graphs would be the same.
>
> I like the old square boxes too. As well the fonts have
> changed and the hours have gone from the x axis. Can I have
> them back too :-)

the fonts are different since the whole graphics system is
fundamentally different, you may be able to get something close to
1.0.x looks by using lucida type writer bitmap fonts ... not tried
though ..

what about the hours bit ? not sure what you mean there ...

> I guess I could get used to the new ones and if I'd started
> with 1.4.2 I probably wouldn't care, but the new graphs I'm
> making are from 1.4.2 and are mixed in with the old graphs.
> It's a bit of a mixture that's all.
>
> can you put in a --compat-v1.0 switch?

hmmm this might proove to be more tricky ... you can start by
disabeling all the anitalias bits there are switches for that.

cheers
tobi