[rrd-users] Legend in rrdtool-1.4.2

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Jan 21 01:24:15 CET 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> the fonts are different since the whole graphics system is
> fundamentally different, you may be able to get something close to
> 1.0.x looks by using lucida type writer bitmap fonts ... not tried
> though ..

thanks. Will have a look

> what about the hours bit ? not sure what you mean there ...

in the 1.0 series, for a 24hr chart, there's a number label
every 2hrs for the time (00:00 02:00 04:00...), which I like
In 1.4.2 there are labels only every 6hrs, so I have to
count the alternating background shadings to find the time
of any particular point.

As well there is a string, eg "wed" to show the day, next to
the 6hr time marks, which I don't need on the 24hr chart. I
know today is today and I don't care whether it's "wed" or
"thur". Presumably "wed","thur" etc will be useful on the
weekly chart, but I haven't looked.

> hmmm this might proove to be more tricky ... you can start by
> disabeling all the anitalias bits there are switches for that.

OK will look at the antialiasing switches.

Thanks Joe