[rrd-users] rrd create update problem

homephilsch at gmx.de homephilsch at gmx.de
Mon Jul 26 12:17:13 CEST 2010

Hi Simon,

thank you for your response.
I've read that tutorial before, but I don't understand what the following sentence means:
"If you need boundaries at midnight your local time then don't make the mistake of specifying 86400 seconds per CDP"

Please give me another hint on how I can get my updates to work. What do you mean by "you haven't supplied enough updates"? Do I have to supply  more than one update per day? Is my crontab schedule incorrect? Is it a timezone problem (I don't think so since I use unix timestamps)?

Another think that I don't understand is why (as you wrote) my "bin doesn't finish until 02:00"? Why is it 02:00 if I created the database at 00:30:01? And ... even if I create the rrd db now (CEST 12:10 PM) I get slots with the start timestamp 02:00, why?

In your opinion, are my create and update commands correct?

I tried my best to understand the consolidating stuff, but it's not so easy as it seams.

Sorry, if I insist with this (maybe basic) questions.
Thank you very much.