[rrd-users] rrdtool + libdbi installation guide

Martin Sperl rrdtool at martin.sperl.org
Mon Jul 26 16:31:21 CEST 2010

What version is libDBI?
It should be 0.8.X?

Possibly you have an earlier version, which is not supported...

You can also try to compile this code:
	#include <dbi/dbi.h>
	void main() { dbi_initialize(NULL);}
with "gcc test.c -ldbi -ldl"
If it does not compile, then investigate why.

This is the code that configure is testing the availability of libdbi with.

Ciao,
		Martin

On 26.07.2010, at 16:16, Johan Simpson wrote:

> Just copied the dbi headers into /usr/include and the actual lib dbi
> binaries into /usr/lib also ( they were all in /usr/local/lib and
> /usr/local/include)
>
> ./configure doesnt seem to find lib dbi.
>
> any more advice would be appreciated, as i would really like to
> implement this solution.
>

> Regards,
> Johan
>
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Johan Simpson <jsimpson.za at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am using FreeBSD 8.0, yes its saying "checking for libdbi... no"
>>
>> I did install libdbi from the ports...
>>
>> Any advice to get lib dbi  working?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Johan
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Martin Sperl <rrdtool at martin.sperl.org> wrote:
>>> Two questions:
>>> 1) what does ./configure  2>/dev/null | grep dbi print? I assume "checking for libdbi... no"
>>> 2) where do the libdbi include files sit - Especially: dbi/dbi.h?