[rrd-users] rrdtool + libdbi installation guide

Johan Simpson jsimpson.za at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:55:27 CEST 2010

Martin,

I just checked my dbi version:

[root at dms ~]# pkg_info | grep dbi
libdbi-0.8.3        Database Independent Abstraction Layer for C

And tested your code:

[root at dms ~]# gcc test.c -ldbi -ldl
test.c: In function 'main':
test.c:2: warning: return type of 'main' is not 'int'
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl

I am using the latest FreeBSD portsnap, so i think the freebsd port
might need a patch or two.

I am going to try and resolve this error now, meanwhile if you know
the solution let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.

Looking forward to implement RRDTool ontop of our MySQL databases.

Regards,
Johan Simpson