[rrd-users] Getting the first timestamp of an RRA

Stevens, Weston J Weston.J.Stevens at boeing.com
Sat Jun 26 20:41:58 CEST 2010

Inside an RRD with multiple RRAs, each with very different step sizes and very different durations (last hour, day, week, month, year). Currently I'm using rrdtool dump and a feeble Perl regex (I'm no Perl expert) in order to parse the first timestamp. The reason I want the first timestamp is because I want to be able to bounds check on user begin/end time input. Am I right in using rrdtool dump or is there an easier way?

All the best,
Wes