[rrd-users] Understanding of RRA's steps and rows

rrdtool_usr fongjeng_kum at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 11:14:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

Reading the documentation for RRA definition:

RRA:CF:xff:steps:rows

If my understanding of how to define the "steps" and "rows", then how do I
compute for, say, I want to store rows that contains 60 days of records?

Example:
I created a round-robin database with the "--step" set to update every 10
minutes.
Then I proceed to define the Round-Robin Archive as following:

RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:12:

So, what I have done here is that I have create a database to update every
10 minutes and defined the RRA to update every 2 hours (2hr * 60mins =
120mins / 10mins = 12). What is the value to put in for the "rows", if I
wanted to have 60 days worth of records in there?