[rrd-users] Understanding of RRA's steps and rows

rrdtool_usr fongjeng_kum at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 06:44:56 CEST 2010

Okay, so what if I have the following situation:

1. Create a RRD database with step of every 5 minutes.
2. Then I want to create one RRA for that RRD database to store 30 days
worth of data on every hour.

So is the worked out RRA format correct as below?

RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:12:720

The value of "12" is derived from 5 minutes x 12 = 60 minutes (1 hour)
The value of "720" is derived from 30 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes / 60
minutes (1 hour)