[rrd-users] Modify RRAs to reduce resolution (graphs too busy)

jgardner jesse.gardner at sentry.com
Wed Nov 17 17:23:13 CET 2010

I've been gathering data for a few months now, with RRA configuration below.
I'm finding that some of the graphs are just far too busy to be useful.  If
possible I'd like to increase the step, decrease the rows, or both for
several of the RRAs.  I have a moderate understanding of how RRDTool works,
and have analyzed XML from a dumped database.  I'm not quite sure if this
type of RRA manipulation is possible while retaining as much historical data
as possible.

AVERAGE:0.5:1:350
AVERAGE:0.5:2:800
AVERAGE:0.5:12:750
AVERAGE:0.5:48:1850

The source data is 30 minute data points.

Thanks!