[rrd-users] Graph of rails requests average hour by hour, as a "typical day"

Jérémy Frere jeremy.frere at crisalid.com
Mon Nov 29 14:20:21 CET 2010

Sorry if I wasn't clear, my english may not be perfect ...

So actually what I want is actually a graph showing a curve of the requests
per time for a whole day (from 0 to 24). For example imagine I try to
generate this kind of graph with 2 days of data : The first day there was an
average of 10 requests from 8 to 9, and the second there was 20. I'd then
like to see a point at 15 requests. But of course I'd like to generate it
for a whole year or more.
To be clearer, what I'd like to do with this graph is being able to read
that "as an average (on the whole year), there is about 400 requests around
1 pm, but only 20 around 3pm, so if I need to reboot the server for
maintenance it would be less trouble to do it around 3pm.

By the way thank you for the tutorial link, gonna chech that out ;)