[rrd-users] NO ERROR returns trying to update the rrd file which no longer exits.

橋本 雄弥 hill_climb at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 09:59:02 CEST 2010

Hello,

Trying to update the rrd file which no longer existed with use of rrdcached via network,

I recieved NO ERROR, which should have returned. (And, the message would be "ERROR: rrdcached: No such file: xxxxxx", I suppose.)

The procedure I went through when I came across this event was as follows;

(Assume that Host A and Host B are connected via network)

1. Run rrdcached on HOST A.
2. Create a rrd file on HOST A.
3. Execute "rrdtool update --daemon" on HOST B to udpate the rrd file created on HOST A.
NO ERROR returned, which seemed normal.
4. Remove the rrd file from HOST A.
5.Execute "rrdtool update --daemon" on HOST B to udpate the rrd file already removed from HOST A.
NO ERROR returned, which seemed strange since there no longer existed the rrd file what should be updated.

The event described above doesn't happen if "rrdtool update" is executed on the same host on which target rrd file
is located.

The version of RRDtool used is 1.4.4.

Does anyone have the information or the solution about this?
Regards,

Yuya