[rrd-users] Possible to read rrd files from memory

schleppy sberry2a at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:41:00 CEST 2010

I have to create hundreds of thousands of rrd files (one per user) to save
various statistics.  In order to help with the disk I/O I was hoping to use
another system (perhaps Redis) for retrieval of the rrd files, which would
then exist in memory.  Is it possible to feed the contents of the file from
memory to `rrdtool fetch` or `rrdtool update` commands?

Thanks.