[rrd-users] [rrd-developers] rrdcached use corrupting RRD files (trunk)

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 22 05:09:36 CEST 2010

Now that's a big setup.

I think the corruption is a result of the code not correctly handling the out-of-memory problems, and so if your version isn't experiencing a memory leak then you'll not be affected even if the bug is in the version you're using.  The big problem is the memory leak, and I guess I'll need to learn to use valgrind to track it.

This is pointing the finger at it being the newer code (last and info, most likely, since create is rarely done) that causes any leaks, though  there were a couple of additional changes between 2092 and 2136 that could be to blame.

I might try out the -a option; we've not used it yet as it's a new one in 1.4.trunk

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand